Friday, August 3, 2018

Kevin Eubanks - 1984 "Sundance"


Kevin Tyrone Eubanks (born November 15, 1957 in Philadelphia) is an American jazz and fusion guitarist and composer who was the leader of The Tonight Show Band with host Jay Leno from 1995 to 2010. He also led the Primetime Band on the short-lived The Jay Leno Show.

Eubanks was born into a musical family. His mother, Vera Eubanks, is a gospel and classical pianist and organist. His uncle, Ray Bryant, was a jazz pianist. His older brother, Robin Eubanks, is a trombonist, and his younger brother Duane Eubanks is a trumpeter. Two cousins are also musicians, the late bassist David Eubanks and the pianist Charles Eubanks. Kevin studied violin and trumpet before settling on the guitar.



As an elementary school student, Eubanks was trained in violin, trumpet, and piano at the Settlement Music School in Philadelphia. He later attended Berklee College of Music in Boston and then moved to New York to begin his professional career.

I am impressed with this album, I had the chance of finding it here in Caracas at my usual used cd store (all originals, of course!), so I have the benefit of changing it in case I do not like it. This one is for my jazz collection, I would put it in that zone as a transition from George Benson to Fusion jazz, right next to Al Di Meola. This is so melodic but so deep, no sacrifice of technique over melody, I would say fine fusion and even some bit of prog can be heard.

What an excellent enssamble of fine musians Mr. Eubanks plays with.

http://jazz-rock-fusion-guitar.blogspot.com/search?q=kevin+eubanks

Track listing:

1 The Sting 4:08
2 Ever-Blue 3:27
3 Who Knows 4:46
4 It's All The Same To Me... 4:41
5 The Sundance Began 5:19
6 Mellow Fellow 5:17
7 Farm In My Heart 6:31
8 Distant Focus 3:53

Personnel:

Kevin Eubanks - Written By, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar
Drums – Tommy Campbell
Electric Bass – Barry Brown*
Gerry Etkins - Synthesizer, Electric Piano [Fender]

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for post this awesome!. I'm a long time reader but
    ive never commented till now.

    Thanks again for the awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy
    your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www61.zippyshare.com/v/cUU7oJ0t/file.html

    https://workupload.com/file/6rDWQn3Gprg

    ReplyDelete